- Y1 ー Y2
- Annie the ant went for a journey. It was a very long journey. Annie felt lonely after a while and started to cry. Drop after drop her tears came down and made a huge pond in the end. Annie decided to drink the water from the pond. She could drink it all up in 6 sips. If she could have 3 tear drops in 1 sip, how many tear drops did she shed?
- Y3 ー Y4
- From Noro’s house to School, there is a distance of 1m20cm. Yesterday, Noro slid at the speed of 3.6m per hour for 2/3 of the way and ran the rest at his fastest. He arrived to School in 14 minutes. Today, he will run at his fastest from the beginning to the end. If he departs from home at 7:55, when will he arrive at School?
- Y5 ー Y6
- A National CD throwing competition is held today. 50 aliens throw the discs at the same time. The total scores of the top 3 records were 2 times more compared to the total scores of the last and 2nd from last. The sum of the 5 distances was 840m. If the difference between the 2 poorest scored aliens was 4m, what will be the worst score?
- No clue. No explicit time limit (approx. maximum 1h).
- Please refer to The rules
- To check whether your child enjoys drawing pictures or not.
- The process is the most important ; the answer doesn't matter.
- To convert Qs into images so that they are consistent with the problem.
- Please refer to Children's work
- 1) May excuse him/herself from the Q with a quote similar to "I don't know, because I haven't learnt yet"
- 2) Repeat random calculations
- 3) Agitated, asking "which is +,－,× or ÷"
- 4) Calculate meaninglessly to find the right answer by chance
- 5) Think mentally and is unable to follow sentences, then suggesting it is "difficult"
- 6) Draw pictures which don't make sense
- 7) Draw pictures without numbers
- 8) Think without seeing own pictures
- 9) Don't know how to use own pictures
- 10) Do calculations/sums mentally
It's worth a glance.